On and Off the Court Characteristics of 3T
I. Develop programs that revolve around loving God, your Neighbor and Yourself
(Not loving yourself in a narcissistic way, but based on you can’t love others if you don’t love yourself.) (Deut. 6:5, Matthew 22, Mark 12, Luke 10) The programs will focus on serving the players and parents where they are at, and challenging them to go to the next step.
- Step 1 – Salvation – Come to Know God through Jesus Christ
- Step 2 – Discipleship – Grow as a Christian.
- Step 3 – Evangelism – Make disciples of others, share your faith on and off the court in words and actions. In how you play, in how you treat the opponents, fans and officials, etc.
On the court 3T is committed to help you develop in three key areas offense, defensive and transition basketball.
II. Teaching the offensive basketball fundamentals of…
- Shooting – proper form, not just shooting drills to shoot
- Ball Handling (including dribbling, catching, passing, and decision making)
- Moving without the ball – cutting and screening
III. Teaching the defensive fundamentals of…
- On the ball defense
- Off the ball defense
- Help side defense
IV. Teaching the “Transition” fundamentals of…
- Fast Break O, including breaking a press
- Fast Break D, including a press