Spring 2019 Tryouts
Grades 4th-8th Grade Boys
Season Runs March – May See below for details.
TRYOUTS: Tuesday, Feb. 19th and Thursday, Feb. 21st
@ NRCA 7300 Perry Creek Rd., Raleigh
4th- 6th grade boys, 5-6:30pm
7th-8th grade boys, 7-8:30pm
Grades 9th-11th Grade Boys
MOST HS TEAMS WILL BE RED LEVEL. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
RED SEASON RUNS MARCH THROUGH USBA NATIONALS (RALEIGH) JULY
TRYOUTS: Thursday, Feb. 28th and Fri. March 1st
@ Fletcher Academy, 400 Cedarview Ct., Raleigh
9th grade boys – 4:15-5:30pm
10th grade boys – 5:45-7:00pm
11th grade boys – 7:15-8:30pm
Heading into our 6th year we are very excited as to what God is doing with 3T!
***PLEASE SEE LOCATION AND TIME UPDATES BELOW FOR YOUR GRADE***
Again for this year:
1. Saturday only Tournaments!!! We did this in 2017-18 and it was a HUGE success!
2. Season will end May 18th. This allows your child (and you!) focus on school work for the end of the school year.
If you want more 3T and Competitive Basketball we will also have a Summer and Fall Season
3. Separate Summer Season will run mid-June through mid-August.
4. Fall Season will run Sept. through the end of October.
Tryout Dates, Times and Locations: It is very beneficial, but not required, to attend both days of tryouts. They more you are there the more it will help, but not guarantee, you will make a team.
Players will be notified if they made the Spring 2019 team in Nov. after tryouts.
Season runs mid. Feb. through mid-May, with some occasional practices over the winter.
Boys in Grades 2nd through 8th
Please sign up below under your grade.
Signing up below does not obligate you to tryout. This helps us know how many to expect at tryouts and for how many teams to plan for.
Three Levels Of Teams
We will cater each team/grade based on the skill levels. This depends on who makes the team AND available Coaches. Not all grades will have all three levels.
1. Gold Teams – 7 Tournaments – for players that want to raise their game from a rec. level but may not be ready for the rigors of travel ball. We will cater these tournaments to help them have a good experience in their development.
2. Blue Teams – 7 Tournaments – for players who have played travel ball before or are new but highly skilled.
3. Red Teams – 10+ Tournaements from March – July – these teams will attend highly level “exposure” or “showcase” tournaments such as Big Shots, Hoop Phenom, USBA Nationals, AAU Nationals, etc. This is for those players (and parents!) who want to bring their game to a high level. They will practice more often and have tournaments year round. These teams are not the majority of our teams due to the level of commitment. THIS WILL BE FOR MOST OF OUR HS TEAMS.
Academy Style Training
Our goal is to have “academy style training” for each age group. This allows us to:
– put less players on a team which means more playing time at tournaments
– utilizes the strengths of the coaches where they can work together to compliment each other.
– allows teams to have a scrimmage each practice vs another team
How many tryouts do I need to attend?:
It is best to come to all dates. If you have a unique situation and you can only make one email Coach Rogosich to explain details: firstname.lastname@example.org. College basketball games, friends birthday parties, etc. are not reasons to miss tryouts. This is a tryout, so your child needs to be in attendance unless there is another sport they are playing at that time or you are out of town.
MARCH THROUGH MAY will be $500 for returning 3T players and $575 for new players.
RED HS teams MARCH Through July will be $700 for returning players and $775 for new players.
There will also be a team fundraiser for the Red Teams. This will be explained at the parents meeting.
Do you have 8-10 players and you want to start a team?:
If you have an interest in forming a team for a grade and you already have your players let me know. We can add a team very easily.
All participants (even if you don’t make the team) must have an AAU Card for insurance purposes.? Cards are $16 for extended coverage benefits. Print and bring a copy. NO PHONE AAU CARDS. THIS MUST BE PRINTED. This does not mean you made the team. Triple Threat needs you to have this as we are an AAU organization. This will last for one year. (It can also be used at 3T PICK-UP for our 2015 Spring and Summer and Fall dates which we will have. )
Note: Just because we have a slot on the team does not mean we have to fill it. The coaches will evaluate the players at tryouts. They may not add anyone at this point and may do another tryout in February or March. This is not a recreational team. Players must be at a certain skill level to make the team. Also, some players may not be at the tryout that will make a team as some may be out of town. Any questions please email us at email@example.com.
ARE YOU ON OUR MAILING LIST?
IF NOT, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO JOIN.
IT’S A GREAT WAY TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE MOST RECENT TRIPLE THREAT NEWS!